Alto Professional has announced it will be exhibiting for the first time at booth #478 during the 2011 infoComm show from June 15-17 in Orlando, Florida. Alto Professional will give system integrators, contractors, rental and staging companies and pro-AV attendees of all kinds their first look at the Alto Professional TRUESONIC and TOURMAX lines of […]
Instrumental for iPad – Triangulum Nebula was uploaded by: QuantumClockwork
iXimix has released LiveRemote is a dedicated Midi Control system for Ableton Live. Kiss goodbye to your mouse and keyboard, and let your fingertips do the work with LiveRemote. LiveRemote connects to Ableton via CoreMidi networking technology with incredibly low latency of between 1-3ms. Control your session from the comfort of your couch, or whilst […]
Harrison Consoles has announced the release of Mixbus 2.0, a progressive workstation that combines open-source development with Harrison’s 30-year heritage of building world-class mixing systems. Mixbus provides an integrated “analog-style” mixer along with a world-class editor in a very cost-effective package. Version 2.0 represents a dramatic leap forward for mixing and editing in the box. […]
The Mixxx development team has announced the release of Mixxx 1.9.0, an open source DJ software for Windows, Mac & Linux.
The Mixxx 1.9.0 adds several major new features including Shoutcast support, direct deck outputs for external mixers, and ReplayGain normalization. We’ve also added many enhancements to the library, a revamped default skin, and more!
- Advanced database-powered library.
- iTunes library access.
- Support for over a dozen DJ MIDI controllers.
- Precision pitch/speed adjust, crossfader, channel faders, and high fidelity DJ equalizers.
- BPM detection with auto sync.
- Headphone cueing with any external USB soundcard.
- Key-lock for adjusting the speed without changing the pitch.
- ReplayGain volume normalization.
- Supports MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, and WAV playback.
- Crates and playlists.
- Simple automixing.
- Shoutcast and Icecast broadcasting.
Mixxx is available as a free (open source) download for Windows, Mac and Linux.
More information: Mixxx
RME has released a silver edition of the Babyface, a 22-channel, 192kHz bus-powered audio interface.
RME has given a face to digital audio. Starting with the Multiface as first serious/professional mobile I/O solution ever we raised the bar further and further, up to the extremely popular and successful Fireface series. So now that the racks are filled we will start to rock your desktop!
The Babyface is smooth on the outside for looks and feel, but has the balls inside: latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters, two reference class microphone preamps, SteadyClock – analog circuit design, features and function are truly RME – we wouldn’t give our newborn anything second class!
That includes the new TotalMix FX, a TotalMix on steroids, with tons of new features, improvements and 3-band parametric EQs, plus added echo and reverb: anything you need right out of the box and with near zero latency!
The Babyface uses RME’s Hammerfall USB audio core from the Fireface UC – another milestone in low latency audio interfaces, and will give you outstanding performance and top sound in an ultra-portable, nicely designed and attractively shaped enclosure.
The Babyface is now available in blue and silver, priced at a MSRP of 599 EUR / $799 USD.
Rane has announced the MP25, a USB club mixer with audio interface.
The MP25 satisfies the audio and ergonomic demands of performing DJs, in a 19” rack format preferred by nightclubs, with a compact 4U design that drops easily into a mobile rig. Sporting two microphone inputs, four studio-grade phono preamps, four analog aux inputs, four low-latency stereo USB inputs, analog and USB effects insert loops, and a variety of analog and digital outputs; the MP25 remains rooted in analog tradition while reaching new heights of digital connectivity.
Integrating a twenty-two channel USB audio interface, the MP25 enables simultaneous playback of four stereo sources, recording five stereo channels, and inserting computer-based VST effects. Reliable, low-latency, multi-client ASIO and Core Audio drivers interface the MP25’s twenty-two USB audio channels directly to your favorite multi-track mixing, beat-making, looping, effects, and recording applications. Additionally, the MP25’s front panel controls are MIDI enabled, allowing manipulation of software parameters directly from the mixer’s control surface.
The MP25 also features Rane’s powerful FlexFX architecture, allowing DJs to apply a variety of effects to any combination of mic and program inputs. Insert effects into individual channels, a sub-mix of channels, or the entire main mix. Combine outboard effects processors with VST effects running on your computer. FlexFX makes it easy to create unique, compelling mixes in a variety of mixing styles.
Two microphone inputs put the DJ and entertainer in direct contact with the audience. Each microphone includes independent Talkover control. Engage a mic to put it into the mix, or engage Talkover to put the mic in the mix and duck all other sources. Talkover makes it easy to jump into the mix for quick, intelligible announcements.
The Rane MP25 ships March 2011.
Numark has announced the NDX800 Controller, a professional software controller with Traktor LE and MP3/CD/USB playback.
NDX800 Controller is a high-performance controller for DJs who blend different kinds of music sources. Whether your music is on your computer, USB flash drives or CD, you can perform with it using NDX800. This digital deck has the feel and layout you’re used to, with a twist of Numark innovation.
NDX800 Controller features
- USB-MIDI DJ Controller with CD/MP3/USB player.
- Control software and play from CDs, MP3 CDs, or USB flash drives.
- Premapped for use with Virtual DJ, Traktor, and compatible with virtually all MIDI compatible DJ software..
- Player includes Beat-synced DSP effects with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser.
- Smooth, fast, reliable, slot-loading drive.
- Large, seven-inch, touch-sensitive illuminated platter with auto-calibration.
- Control MIDI software with no timecode needed via USB.
- Adjustable start and stop time for vinyl-like deck performance.
- Automatic BPM analyzer and Tap tempo for manual BPM entry.
- Adjust pitch ±6, 12, 25, and 100%, in half steps (semitones), or bend with pitch buttons.
- Key Lock holds pitch while you independently manipulate its BPM.
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues.
- Keep time moving forward while you cut or reverse the track using Bleep/Reverse.
- Single-track, continuous, shuffle, and programmable playback.
- Fader Start plays the cued track when you move the crossfader (requires compatible mixer).
- Large, backlit display for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation.
- Outputs: stereo RCA, digital S/PDIF.
Numark has introduced the iM1, a professional 2-channel DJ mixer with dock for iPod.
Numark’s iM1 packs a wide variety of input types into a compact package. You can plug in turntables, CD players, line-level music sources and a microphone to the iM1, which also includes a dock for iPod that allows you to play from, or record to, an iPod. Set the levels with trim and line faders, and tailor the high and low frequencies with the rotary EQs on each channel. Cue up tracks using the mini-crossfader and headphone output, and then perform the mix through the master outputs with the smooth, replaceable crossfader. Quickly create professional-quality mix-tapes to pass off to clubs and fans by recording your DJ performances directly to an iPod within the built-in dock. M1 has all the features you need to get maximum performance out of minimum space.
- Two-channel compact-tabletop mixer with built-in iPod dock.
- Record DJ performances directly to iPod.
- Mix music from turntables, CD players, line-level audio and iPod.
- Rotary EQ and gain on each channel.
- Smooth, replaceable crossfader for mixing master output.
- Mini-crossfader for mixing headphone output.
- 2 RCA phono inputs, 2 RCA line inputs, 1/4″ microphone input.
- Master RCA stereo output, 1/4″ stereo headphone output.
Numark has announced the iM9, a professional-grade DJ mixer with integrated effects and a dock for iPod.
Numark’s new four-channel iM9 DJ mixer is designed for creating vibrant, engaging DJ performances. With the iM9, DJs can mix vinyl, CDs, iPod, microphones or any line-level audio source. Integrated BeatKeeper™ technology automatically detects a song’s BPM, allowing for seamless crossfades from track to track. Sync Lock ensures that once the beat is locked in between two sources, it’s never lost.
DJs need complete control over how the music sounds and the iM9 mixer delivers that control, no matter the source. With the iM9, DJs can shape the music as needed thanks to dedicated three-band EQ controls for every channel or create on-the-fly remixes and stunning song transitions by engaging iM9′s high-quality, beat synced effects. This level of control is complimented by a pro-grade crossfader, knobs and LEDs.
- Four channel DJ mixer.
- Integrated dock for iPod for playback and recording of sets.
- Beatkeeper™ BPM detection to create precise mixes between songs.
- Beat-synced effects including: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Pan & more.
- Crossfader with channel assign switches.
- Dedicated XLR microphone input with Gain & EQ.
- Two phono line inputs for connecting turntables.
- Five RCA line inputs.
- Balanced XLR outputs.
- Master, Booth and Record RCA line outputs.